Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Beauty is everywhere. . .

I was surprised to hear birds singing this morning. Is Spring already here? I suspect that the songbirds making all that racket had to be those brown sparrows. They are the ones that never leave - not even in the cold of winter. I see them hopping from bare tree limb to limb. I think these sparrows are pretty smart really. They know that without leaves, the trees can't hide the many insects clinging to their branches. Easy pickings.

This morning, just as I do every morning, I opened the garage door for my wife, who was on her way to work. That's when I heard the birds singing. How beautiful they sounded. Their singing brought hope and some color to the otherwise grey, nude and leafless oak trees. Amazing how nature becomes alive - all at the sound of birds singing.

I went back inside savoring the sparrow's singing. Thank you God for creating such feathered creatures.

No comments: